Saturday, September 12, 2009

Training Wheels

This is extremely funny to me. I started planning to write this post probably two weeks ago, but it's good, it's okay. It's been marinating so it will be good. So about two weeks ago God posed a very good question to me, in fact the pastor posed a similar question to all the members tonight.

He asked, when was the last time you led someone to Christ.

But, let tell you what God revealed. He explained that church meetings were training grounds. One is supposed to get training and teaching at the church and go out and change a city. God asked me, "What happens when the training wheels come off?" He caused me to examine my life, and I realized that without another Christian being present with me, my morals were pretty poor and my testimony of Him was not that great either.

So all of this was for us to realize how dysfunctional many churches have become, because there is no work outside the walls. After we have vacuumed, swept, and dusted the walls what work is there left to do?

Ezekiel 3:15
Then I came to them of the captivity at Telabib, that dwelled by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days.

聖經 Chinese Bible: Union (Traditional)
我 就 來 到 提 勒 亞 畢 , 住 在 迦 巴 魯 河 邊 被 擄 的 人 那 裡 , 到 他 們 所 住 的 地 方 , 在 他 們 中 間 憂 憂 悶 悶 地 坐 了 七 日 。

My pastor went into detail about all Jesus risked (reputation wise) by talking to the Samaritan woman at the well, but He felt compelled to go there. To been in a meeting place of sinners. The pastor compared it to the "street corner" on the city block.

I was also meditating on Matthew 7:6 today.
Give not that which is holy to dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
I had to know who the dog were, and after a little bit of study I discovered the dogs are people that are either self-righteous (thinking that they are holy of themselves and their deeds) or those that have heard the Truth of the Gospel and rejected it. Haters of God, men that love evil, those that will curse you and spit in your face when you tell them that Jesus loves them.

There are so many more that are thirsty for the Living Water like the Samaritan woman. It is not fit to waste your energy on the ones that are angry with life, God, the government, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment