Monday, August 15, 2011

A Study of Romans 8:6

So, today the Spirit led to to study Romans 8 and Revelations 8. As I was reading through these passages again, I saw Romans 8:6 needed further study. This is what I found.

for the mind of the flesh is death, and the mind of the Spirit -- life and peace;
(Romans 8:6, YLT)

φρονημα noun - nominative singular neuter
phronema fron'-ay-mah: (mental) inclination or purpose -- (be, be carnally, be spiritually) mind(-ed).

Can you see it? Is our purpose in whatever we do to feed ourselves or to be faithful to our loving God. Are we self-serving (fleshly-minded) or God-serving (Spiritually-minded). IT struck me how this Word had not done its perfect work in my life. There are so many places in which I am experiencing death, because my appetite is foremost. I have not even considered God or His will!

Oh, I was blind but now I see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment