Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Luke 3:16 & Luke 12:50

I have a baptism to be baptized with, and what stress I am under until it is completed! Luke 12:50
He answered the question by saying to them all, "As for me, I am baptizing you with water, but One mightier than I is coming, whose very sandal-strap I am not worthy to unfasten: He will baptize you in the Holy Spirit and with fire. Luke 3:16


These two scriptures recently have captured my attention because I've been going through a period in which I have been stripped of everything that is precious to me. My friends, respect, order, job, social status...I could go on, but the point is that Jesus had a baptism to undergo that cost Him His life.


And so I must be in that vital stage. I sang "Lord I give you my all." Now comes the process.


I believe that being baptized with the Holy Spirit is wonderful. The Holy Spirit is nearer to us than our own breath, but what of the baptism of fire? Is the burning of something ever a wonderful experience? Fire disintegrates things. Only the essence of things survive. I don't know how much more falsehood needs to go in me, but being in this fire feels like a near death experience. And I can't wait until it is complete!

0 comments:

Post a Comment