Saturday, June 23, 2012

God At Work

I think I've already written about this book God @ Work (God at Work), but I am feeling the message again, so I have to write about it. I just started an empowerment coaching practice. I'm a king in the marketplace. My focus is on making sure God's resources are funneled into the desires of His heart. And, I am very concerned with the state of church (business as usual).

You see, I was just badgered by my father, who is a pastor of a Church of God in Christ fellowship about not attending church services, but I find them to be very self-serving. I mean Jesus went to the synagogue to teach people, but we have His Spirit to guide us in all truth.

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
John 16: 13

There is a good reason why my generation is irreverent. Why exactly do we gather on Sunday? Where is the offering collected on Sundays/weekdays going to? Is this the model that Jesus provided?

Yeah, so I'm content not to go anywhere until the Spirit of God leads me to go. I'm up for serving the homeless, visiting the sick, building shelters, holding deformed babies, taking food to widows and sending money to orphans. But, don't ask me to go to "family game night" at church.

Jesus came to serve, not to be served. There's so much that we've twisted. Do the greatest in the church serve the least? NO! There's ushers for that or some ritualistic footwashing service which means next to nothing. God despises our heartless rituals!

I didn't mean to get on a rant, but Jesus came and showed us how it's done. And, then our big egos/thirst for significance or power caused us to corrupt and complicate things. Can I get a witness?

0 comments:

Post a Comment