Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Bible is Not the Word of God?



I stumbled across this video today, and it made me realize that legalism really rules in Christianity as we know it. I was taught and believed the doctrine that Scripture is perfect and God-breathed. I know now that the Scriptures are the revelation that God gives me in the kitchen cooking or after a long season of prayer. They just happen to be really old.

However, the words in red I have always devoured passionately. I have always had this unrestrained curiosity about them and then restraint from them because I would be listening to luke warm Christians. "He doesn't literally mean turn the other cheek." After walking with him and reading Brother Yun's testimony, I now know he does, and it's time to pray with all my being and seek God daily. That's it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment