Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Overcome Evil With Good (Reblog)

Eleven years ago today, two kingdoms clashed that brought down the World Trade Center and shook the world. In a matter of minutes, more lives were lost on American soil as a result of that singular momentous clash than ever before.

As we remember what may have been the darkest day in U.S. history, let's not forget what we risk as the kingdoms of dark and light clash in our daily lives.

In moments when selfish motives overcome loving ones, we might not seeskyscrapers crumble to the ground in a ball of flames, but life has been lost. Lights have been dimmed. Lines have been moved giving territory to the wicked.

There is a battle that continually rages in our workplaces, schools, communities, and homes--in government halls, financial centers, media channels, and neighborhood streets.

We are all called to hold the line and fight the good fight. Young and old, male and female, rich and poor, high and low, wherever you find yourself, there you are on the front line.

Today, as we remember those who have fallen at the hands of dark forces, pray for God's love to overcome. Pray for goodness, mercy, light, and love to prevail. Pray for grace to abound.

 
There is no force more powerful on the face of the earth than prayer.

We can do more than hold the line--we can advance the Kingdom and take back whatever territory has been stolen. Join with me today in declaring, "Let there be light"--and move out today in God's love.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

-Cindy Trimm

I'm so stinking excited about the upcoming new year Rosh Hashanah! I feel like God has truly set it up to be a completely new year for those that are ready to meet with Him at His appointed time.

Interestingly enough, there is a prayer meeting being held for our nation during this season.

There's enough hoopla being generated about this event that the news of it has reach me twice through personal contacts, so I figured I should share it. I will not be in Philadelphia, but I will definitely be in prayer for the nation at that time. Who knows what God will do?


I could not resist visiting the America for Jesus 2012 page again, and just look at the numbers for the tracked shares: 6666 - 360 - 12,500. It just created an odd feeling for me when I saw them.

6666 - 'righteousness'
360 - 'the Right Moment, perfectly divine or divinely ordained event, must be related to earthly matters'
12,500 - 'estimated years since flood of Genesis'
 
What Was on My Calendar
 
I've had a little bit of a shift in priorities. I know that many of you are aware that I am a student of marketing. I just love seeing how these giant crusades are funded and how the Gospel is spread for next to nothing in other countries. Yes, it is quite remarkable.
 
 
Prayer is one of the foolish and weak things that God uses to build His Kingdom.
"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."
-1 Corinthians 1:27
 
Prayer requires discipline, and prayer requires trust. I pray our Lord empowers you with the discipline and trust to pray in this season for the future of America and the Church in America.
 
I was planning on attending a training called 'Fight the Forces of Evil 2012,' but I've had a shift in my focus lately. I am building the Kingdom of God by teaching people how to use their spiritual senses. I'm leading my first Prophecy Training class as a resident trainer this Friday at 9PM EST. Fullness of Christ Discipleship Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/179435522142009/
 
When you sit back and think about it. No thing is more important than building the Kingdom of God. And, everything that is not built on Christ will not remain. The company holding the training has good ethics, but I this is more about my role as a teacher and where I will be expending the majority of my time and energy.
 
A company cannot give you anything that God does not give you...""No one can receive anything unless God gives it from heaven." (John 3:27)
 
To live in the Kingdom God, to live completely in God is everything.
 
-Lis


0 comments:

Post a Comment