Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Matthew 6:33 - Bible Study

I felt pressed by the Holy Spirit this morning to study this scripture for Matthew 6:33. What I'm finding is that we think that we have the teachings of Yeshua (Jesus), but a lot of it has been intentionally changed to keep the majority in darkness. 

It is very likely that Matthew 6:33 is one of those scriptures. But, more importantly, from today, I'm beginning to think that any Bible or Bible commentary that you might find will still fall short if you do not know the original languages.

At first, I did not find anything interesting. I could not find anything in the Hebrew and Greek Lexicon. I couldn't even find the resource page I used to access all the time from Scripturetext.com; thank you Google. But, then I visited http://www.peshitta.org/ and http://aramaicnewtestament.org/gospel/matthew_6.htm. I tried the Google translator tool since no translation was offered on the second website. The results are very interesting...

Peshitta Aramaic/English Interlinear New Testament: not therefore be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be added these (things) and all and His righteousness of God the kingdom all these things require you.
Direct Greek Translation: and first seek ye the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things were added unto you (Oddly enough, there were no alternate translations for "were added").

Was it an error in translation, as is common with the Google translator tool, or has something been lost in translation or intentionally changed by translators? I'm having trouble deciding. Do your study Bibles ever question the translations? In your daily devotional, you should.

Because the second translation is more exciting I wanted so share it. In light of who God is, the current faith training I have been going through, I believe that the translators must have thought that they needed to correct the tense in the sentence. But, they lost the original meaning. 

Don't toil. Lilies don't toil. God has taken care of everything that you need already. He cares more for you than flowers.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment