Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Primary Purpose of God - Faith Training

However, The Son of Man shall come, and will he then find faith on the earth? Luke 18:8b

I found too many instances of overlap when I was watching the Fullness of Christ faith training and Graham Cooke's interview with Patricia King. Graham said, "Everything is about relationship because God is making you in His image. There are no accidents; everything's planned for that precise purpose." And, what I see is how the Fullness of Christ faith training is taking the randomness of becoming more like God out of the process. 

Graham spoke of God saying that He would show him His kindness and another time His peace. And, in the faith training we choose to pursue and experience God's nature, be love, joy, peace, patience, self-control, etc. I see this as a beautiful step closer to going deeper in relationship with God--to really see Him.

COMPARE THESE VIDEOS AND SEE IF YOU HEAR WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT


Connect with Jean Miller on Facebook

 
He shall be like a tree
    Planted by the rivers of water,
    That brings forth its fruit in its season,
    Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
-Psalm 1:3 

I understand that the natural mirrors the spiritual world. I understand that everything starts as seed. And, yet, I still have been pressing more for the impossible nature of God, the miraculous, when it comes to, well every thing I can imagine.

And, not only this. I have been comparing my personal progress to that of Jean Miller. But, she operates at such a baffling level of faith because she is more in union with God. And, she stands solidly on this one truth: God Is Good. She does not accuse Him of being anything that He isn't when she does not immediately see the fruit she desires, and she recognizes and accepts the process of death to germination to sprout to fruit.

She's compared looking at our life's circumstances, which we have faith to turn around, like looking at a baby in a womb or a house under construction. IT LOOKS MESSY! And, sometimes to build our faith, God, in His infinite goodness, allows for things to get worse, much worse, so that we experience the fullness of overcoming.

When things look messy, there is the tendency to abort. There is the tendency to abandon the mission of bringing the Kingdom of God to earth. We even forget that God is always with us and for us. But, with the realization that it is perfectly normal to experience the extreme opposite in order to enjoy the fullness of God's nature, we can remain in peace.

Here is an entry from my journal yesterday:
In reality, I was behaving like a farmer who had planted seed and went daily to the field looking for the fruit and mid-season became angry because it was not the time of the fruit. And, I cursed the fruit, shook my fist at God, calling Him unfair, unloving, and then, left the field and all the fruit to perish. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment